Thyroid Surgery in India – treats most of your thyroid problems. Thyroid Surgery is also known as Thyroidectomy, which means removing the infected thyroid gland. The thyroid glands can be removed either partially or entirely. This thyroid surgery is necessary when an excess level of hormones are produced, which leads to tumours. In critical situations, these tumours may turn into cancerous cells.
Dr Venugopal Pareek is a recognized Laparoscopic surgeon in India who has specialized in performing Thyroid Surgery in Hyderabad for different thyroid problems by using cutting edge thyroid treatment technologies. He stands out on top amongst his peers, as he uses most advanced medical treatment technology. Dr Venugopal Pareek Bariatric & Diabetic Surgery centre stands apart as one of its kind bariatric surgery centres with its state of the art Thyroid treatment equipment & an experienced team of medical professionals.
Thyroid Cancer Treatment
What is Thyroid Surgery?
Thyroid Surgery is a process of removing all or part of the thyroid gland. Several different disorders can arise when your thyroid gland produces too many hormones. These common disorders include Goiter, Graves’ disease, thyroid nodules, and Hashimoto’s disease. There are so many ways to perform this thyroid surgery which may include
Active Surveillance Of Thyroid Cancer Is Beneficial
An early diagnosis of thyroid cancer enables the patient to maintain his quality of life, thus avoiding the risk factors involved in surgery and hormone replacement. Generally active surveillance before any thyroid surgery requires an ultrasound test after six months. If there is no cancer development for 2 years, the ultrasound tests are spaced out to 9-12 months.
Partial Thyroidectomy: In this procedure, a partial part of the lobe is removed. This surgery is the best option if the patient has a small cancerous tumour at glands.
Total Thyroidectomy:In most of the thyroid cases, the entire thyroid gland includes both lobes and isthmus are removed to eliminate the cancerous effect.
Lymph node removal:If a surgeon finds any of the cancerous cells during the diagnosing process, then he/she may remove one or more lymph nodes. This surgery also removes melanoma that has spread only to the lymph nodes and to prevent melanoma from spreading further to other parts.
Symptoms of Thyroid Problems:
- Depressed mood
- Swelling in the neck areas
- Throat soreness
- Fluid retention, feeling bloated, puffiness in the face
- Weight gain
- Feeling cold, or increased sensitivity to cold temperatures
- Slowed heart rate
- Mental fogginess or sluggishness
- High cholesterol levels
- Joint aches and pains
- Thinning hair or hair loss
- Excessive or prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Dry skin
Causes of Thyroid Disorders:
- Hyperthyroidism problems
- Iodine deficiency
- Abnormal secretion of TSH
- Autoimmune disease
- Lumps in thyroid
- Cancerous tumours on the thyroid gland
- Previous failed thyroid surgeries
- Nodular thyroid diseases
- Grave’s disease
- Genetic disorders
- Inflammation of the thyroid
Ideal Candidates for Thyroid Surgery in Hyderabad:
People who are suffering from problems like
- Coexistent thyroid problems
- Nodular disease
- Graves disease
- Lumps in lobes of the thyroid
- Large goitres
- Cancerous thyroid problems
Advantages of having Thyroid Surgery in Hyderabad:
- Decrease the altered sensation over skin after surgery
- Less discomfort while swallowing
- Less blood loss during the surgery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Easy recovery normal activities
- Fewer complication after the surgery
Step by step process of Thyroid Surgery in Hyderabad:
- Firstly, the thyroid surgeon will diagnose the glands thoroughly.
- Then the surgeon will decide the type of surgery needed, based on the severity of the thyroid problem.
- It is the most complicated surgery because the thyroid glands are small in size and surrounded by the nerves and glands.
- Under general anaesthetic conditions, then the surgeon will make a small incision over the thyroid gland and remove the infected glands or tumours.
- After removal of the thyroid gland, the surgeon will close the incision with dissolvable stitches.
Thyroid Surgeon India
Why Choose Dr Venugopal Pareek for the Thyroid Surgery in Hyderabad?
- 16+ years of hands-on expertise in Thyroid Surgeries in Hyderabad
- Specialized in performing laparoscopic surgeries
- Immense experience in performing different bariatric surgeries
- Advanced thyroid treatment methods
- Minimally invasive treatment techniques
- State-of-the-art treatment equipment
- Less discomfort after the Thyroidectomy surgery
- Less recovery time after the surgery
- No side-effects and scars
- Permanent results
- Less recurrence rate
- Required fewer consultations
- World-class thyroid removal surgery and treatment facilities
FAQs about Thyroid Surgery in Hyderabad?
How soon can I restart my work after having Thyroid Surgery?Dr Venugopal Pareek performs minimally invasive procedures for your thyroid problems. So the recovery period is less compared to the traditional methods. Generally, it may take 1-2 weeks to recover completely after the thyroid surgery. It may vary depending on the severity of the thyroid problems and the type of surgery chosen.
What are the tests to diagnose thyroid problems?There are so many tests to diagnose thyroid problems. Here is the list of the diagnosis and imaging tests
- TSH test
- T4 tests to diagnose Hyperthyroidism problems
- T3 test
- Thyroid antibody tests
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Radioactive iodine uptake test
What happens if the tumours are left untreated?If the infected thyroid glands or lymph nodes are left untreated, then it may lead to thyroid cancer. Dr Venugopal Pareek has immense experience in providing all possible treatment options for your thyroid problems.
Will the surgery leave any scars on my neck area?No, the surgery doesn’t leave any scars in the neck area. The treatments provided by Dr Venugopal Pareek are minimally invasive and stitches the incision with dissolvable stitches and staples.
What is the cost of Thyroid Surgery in Hyderabad?The Thyroid Surgery cost in Hyderabad may vary depending on the severity of the thyroid problem, type of surgery used, the experience of the surgeon, hospital location, etc. To know more details about the cost of Thyroid Surgery, contact Dr Venugopal Pareek now.
What are the other treatments offered by DR Venugopal Pareek?Here is the list of the some of the other minimally invasive treatments offered by Dr Venugopal Pareek
How to make an appointment with Dr Venugopal Pareek for the best Thyroid Surgery in Hyderabad?